Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New signs

Sweets has learned some really useful signs this week: HELP and HURT. She has actually been doing HELP for a little while now, but we just figured out what it meant. She clasps her hands together in front of her and then moves them up and down repeatedly. But now we have figured out that it's her way of signing HELP, and that is a really useful sign! She uses it all the time now! She also learned HURT this weekend. She fell down and got hurt on Friday night and I showed her the sign. Then when she fell down on Saturday, she used the sign to show me! It was awesome (the signing, not the hurting of course!). She also learned to sign BERRY this weekend, though she signed it better on Saturday morning than she did on Sunday and Monday. She is starting to pick up signs really quickly now, and it's so nice for her to be able to tell me what she's thinking! On Monday she signed CHANGE to me to tell me she wanted a new diaper. I layed her down on the hardwood floor to change her, and she signed COLD to tell me the floor was cold! It's just so nice to be able to get this level of communication from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment