Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grumpy Morning, Happy Morning

I don't know how she does it, but on weekends Sweets is like an alarm clock. She wakes up right at 7am, no matter when she went to bed.

But on weekdays, I often have to wake her up to get her ready for daycare.

This morning, I went to wake her up at 7:15, and she was grumpy!

She didn't want to get dressed, she didn't want to eat breakfast. But she did ask to nurse.

Sweets hasn't been nursing in the morning every day lately. She used to always nurse twice per day: in the morning when we get up and when we got home from work. But lately, she skips one or even both of these some days. She skips the morning nursing more often, and I'd say she only nurses in the morning about 60% of the time lately.

But this morning, she wanted to nurse. And she didn't want to nurse in this seat, it had to be in that seat.

THAT ONE!


I'm telling you, grumpy.

She nursed for maybe 20 minutes and got progressively happier and happier and more giggly and playful as she switched back and forth a few times between sides.

When she was done, she started just looking up at me with the most smiley, happy face! She was just so adorable!

I looked down at her and I said "Oh, I just love you!"

And she looked back at me and said "Yah Yoo Doo."

Love You Too.

And my heart melted.

And then she happily got down and went to the kitchen to eat the waffle that was waiting for her. Then she trotted over to the door, ready to go, and said happily "Ass Doh!" (Let's Go!)

I'm so glad we are still nursing. We can still turn a grumpy morning into a happy morning, just like that!

-----
This post is cross-posted from my breastfeeding blog, Lactation Narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment