Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good news on the developmental ped

Three posts in a row... when it rains it pours in blog land!

Anyway, just a short note to say that the developmental peds office called today and said they can get us in this month! Which is amazing because they told me that based on the waiting list we wouldn't get in until June. I guess they must have had a cancellation!

I'm really happy that we'll get in and have input from this doc before we have to do the IEP. I'm hoping she will do some of her own evals, and recommend which evals and services we should ask for from the school. She can also weigh in on apraxia.

The initial appointment is supposed to take 2.5-3 hours, so I think they will do a pretty comprehensive eval. She also said that if they can't get it all done in one day that they can book a return visit for the next week. I'm not sure how long Sweets will participate, so that is good.

I think I thanked the receptionist for the appointment 5 times on the phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment