Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I want to go downstairs, Mommy"

My child said this sentence. My husband and I looked at each other, shocked, and then counted the words on our fingers. I.. want... to... go... downstairs... Mommy... 6 words! Wow! For a child who usually only uses 2 words together, but increasingly 3, six words is a lot!

I have noticed that in the past week, Sweets has been saying more things and putting more words together. The same week that she also decided she was going to use the potty. And she also became suddenly interested in the TV. She will go up and point to the TV and ask for "Raffi" or "Dora" now, where she never cared a lick about TV before.

I know that she seems to do new things in spurts. It's how she's always been. She didn't really do new things between 9 and 18 months, and then at 18 months she just started saying words, signing, and taking steps!

Then she plateaued for a few months, then had another big spurt at 26 months. In no time she went from about 10 words to about 100 words! And then she plateaued again.

Now she is 33 months, and I'm thinking we are seeing another spurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment